We have run engagement schemes with partner universities since 2002 when we developed a service for the government of Botswana. Since that time, we have worked with over 45 universities and have helped over 1 million students get the support and resources they need to make the best of their time at university.
We are passionate about student success and building long term relationships of trust. We work to fully understand our university partners so that together we can develop, source and deliver a wide and diverse range of responsive, cost-effective education resources; whatever it takes to ensure student success and reduce barriers to learning. We bring sector wide experience, data driven expertise about what works and total flexibility that responds to what each university partner needs. Our staff are highly skilled and agile experts in the widest range of student resources.
We bring to our partner universities three key and unique elements, firstly, our Aspire technology platform. Secondly our amazing Engagement Partners that work on campus to engage with students across the whole student journey, and thirdly our data and insights that allied with our deep sector knowledge enable us to work in partnership to develop the right scheme for your university.
With the expert partnership of the JS Group we can now demonstrate a clear return on our investment in student success. They have has helped us to spend less, to spend on the right things and to measure the impact of what we do so we now know it’s money well spent. Everyone at the University of Worcester trusts the JS Group. They are outstanding project managers who have helped bring us together across the institution and allowed us to do things we could never have done on our own at a speed we could never have previously imagined.
The Aspire platform serves two main purposes:
- It is where we create accounts for students so they can see what funds are available to them, review their past transactions and top-up funds should they so wish.
- The platform is also designed to give flexibility to our university partners who can award different levels of funding to different student cohorts – typically on Engagement schemes more funds are made available to WP students – and determine exactly what goods and services students can acquire with their funds.
But our technology offer is not confined to the Aspire platform. We offer a full service approach to our partner universities including:
- A dedicated project manager and project plan.
- Data sharing and data privacy agreements.
- API integration with key university systems such as the VLE or learning analytics system.
And, of course, we design, manage and operate a scheme website that offers students the range of goods and services agreed with our partner university.
Data & Insights
We recognise that having robust technology and on campus engagement partners is a great way to deliver engagement schemes and to ensure that students are fully benefitting from their schemes. But for our university partners, they also need to see the evidence that that their schemes are making a difference and we support this with our data and insights team. Drawn from the sector, our data and insights team:
- Conduct regular student surveys to ensure that we are delivering an excellent service and to feedback to universities how schemes are supporting engagement and study.
- Regular reporting on how students are using the scheme.
- Detailed analysis of scheme usage and how this correlates with continuation, attainment and engagement.
- Ad hoc reports working with the data teams at our partner universities.
From our engagement partners to our CEO we have a deep understanding of what works and what doesn’t. We like nothing more than to spend time sharing our knowledge to help you build and develop the scheme that’s right for you and your students, whether that be focussing on digital poverty, care leaver or entire cohorts from China, we have done pretty much everything.