Teesside University is committed to providing a stimulating and technology-enabled learning environment for students.
For 2018/19, the University is introducing Teesside University Advance, an innovative scheme that sees new entrants receive:
- An iPad with compatible keyboard installed with Office 365, the University’s student portal, access to email, timetables, the VLE, library resources and selected learning apps
- Up to £300 credit to purchase learning resources and course textbooks
JS Group is proud that the University has chosen our Aspire Engage solution to deliver the credit to students via a smartcard and to run an online student store where students can find all the resources they need to support their study.
Commenting on this new partnership, Peter Gray, Chairman and CEO of JS Group, commented:
“We have been involved in a pilot with the University this year and we are delighted that they are building on that success with the Teesside University Advance scheme. This is further evidence of their comment to student engagement and learning that has seen the University rising up all the recent league tables. We are really looking forward to working with the University on this innovative, new initiative.”
Notes to editors:
Aspire Engage is the most widely adopted cashless bursary and student engagement solution in UK Higher Education. Over 475,000 students have benefitted from Aspire schemes across our partner universities. Aspire Engage consists of:
- The Aspire platform that maintains students’ accounts and records transactions.
- An on campus Engagement Partner and a team of scheme student ambassadors
- An online student store making available a comprehensive range of resources
For more detail on Aspire Engage please visit www.johnsmithgroup.co.uk.
For more detail on Teesside University Advance please visit http://tees.ac.uk/sections/fulltime/advance.cfm