Full Time (negotiable)
Location of work: Home/Southampton with occasional UK travel if required
An opportunity for a Senior Insight Analyst to join a fast-growing company and to make a positive contribution to the success of university students throughout the UK.
JS Group has as its sole focus the delivery of better student outcomes. We partner with universities and colleges on schemes that improve student engagement and support student study. The schemes are instrumental in improving student recruitment, satisfaction, retention and success. Currently working with 28 UK universities, our schemes generate significant amounts of transactional and comparative data. We are looking for a Senior Insight Analyst to join our team and help us unlock the value of that data, providing actionable insights that help improve the impact of our schemes.
We are recruiting a Senior Insight Analyst. Highly skilled in extracting, transforming and visualising data, you will help drive forward our new data strategy, developing interactive, engaging dashboards and analysing our schemes. In this role you will work closely with the Associate Head of Data Insights and our Engagement Partners who are based at our partner universities. You will produce actionable insights from our data which will help assess impact for students and inform developments to our partnerships with higher education providers.
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate will have experience of turning data into insights, creating compelling dashboards and reports. Highly skilled in extracting and transforming data using a range of business intelligence tools, you will be able to combine data from a range of sources, building robust data models to underpin analysis and data visualisation. You will be a strong visual and verbal communicator, capable of presenting your work to both technical and non-specialist audiences.
- Extracting, transforming, validating, and structuring data from internal and external sources, then reorganising data in a dashboard format that can be easily read and understood by all interested parties.
- Working alongside the Engagement Partner teams to assess the business requirements of their university partner and to work with the Engagement Partners to define and prototype Power BI reporting.
- Preparing reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data to our university partners and other key stakeholders such as the Office for Students, Universities UK, Guild HE.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows colleagues to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Working with the Associate Head of Data Insights, Commercial Team and Engagement Partners to provide data insight.
- Data reporting: Developing and producing regular insightful reports for Engagement Partners/their university partners.
- Data visualisation: Ensuring that data is presented in the most meaningful and compelling way for our university clients. As part of our new data strategy, we are currently moving our reporting to Power BI
- Data analysis: Identifying trends and correlations in our data sets to help with business understanding and decisions.
- Predictive data: Using prior transactional data to inform decisions.
Core competencies, skills and experience:
The role will suit someone who is able to manage their own workload with minimal supervision, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. You’ll need to be a quick learner to get up to speed and understand the JS Group systems and the data available, and you will enjoy working with others. Working knowledge and familiarity of SQL and Power BI, or a similar business intelligence tool, is essential.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- ideally 3+ years of SQL/Power BI experience (or similar) implementing analytical solutions, accessing and integrating data from multiple sources
- ideally 3+ years of experience developing Business Intelligence and analytical solutions
- an analytics/reporting/business intelligence background
- excellent problem-solving skills and logical process thinking to drive creative solutions
- excellent communication and team working skills
- the ability to work to ambitious deadlines
- strong organisational and planning skills with excellent attention to detail
- strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- a commitment to supporting student success and a keen interest in higher education
To find out more about JS Group and what we do please visit https://johnsmithgroup.co.uk/
If you would like to have an informal conversation about this role, please contact Sheena Culley Sheena.Culley@johnsmith.co.uk
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com