Mental health problems are on the rise in universities, but support is too fragmented
- 1 in 4 Students
- Student Suicides have reached record levels
- Dropout rates have trebled
- University Counselling Services are stretched
Student mental health support and awareness has been a huge talking point in the sector for some time, with Universities investing heavily in areas supporting improved health and well-being on Campus and beyond. Following conversations with the University of Worcester, we developed a relationship with the specialist Mental Health Publisher Trigger Books to offer their specialised content to students, and ran successful joint events over this year’s Student Mental Health Day.
On the back of the success of this piloted partnered approach we have developed a packaged offer that we feel may be of interest to the sector. Trigger Books are publishing four titles in their Student Wellbeing series in April/May for the next academic year. The titles cover anxiety, depression, staying safe and resilience and have been curated to support students during their transition into University life, and throughout their time at University
- We have partnered with Trigger Publishing to offer a complete package of the books at a market leading price point; offering a package of all four titles for £15/student (38% saving on RRP).
- All titles are also available as eBooks.
- Any combination of titles is available at discounted rates.
- Copies of the books are available for review.
by Dr Dominique Thompson
RRP per book: £5.99
No. of pages per book: 100
Size of each book: 178mm x 107mm
Publication date: April/May 2019
Student Wellbeing Series
Dr Dominique Thompson has worked with university students for nearly two decades, and in 2017 contributed towards a landmark report on the nation’s student wellbeing, as well as being
involved in the Mental Wellbeing in Higher Education working group of Universities UK. Dr Thompson now works with universities across the UK on their mental health strategies, as well as providing training to university staff.
The books can be customised to include University branding, and can also include an Introduction or list of University services covering student well-being. We felt this package may resonate as an offer specically to incoming undergraduate students, for example with each incoming UG student receiving a pack of books.
The packs could make a great addition to existing Welcome Packs, or could be sitting on the desk in University accommodation prior to arrivals. JS would be very happy to assist with these
distributions. Should you wish to have eBooks as opposed to Print then JS Group would manage the distribution to students in entirety.
- An easy-to-read guide for students wanting to tame their worries at University Offers advice, tips and exercises for students to build resilience.
- Written by an award-winning expert in mental health, who has worked with students for nearly two decades.
- Aims to combat the worrying fact that between 2007-2015, the number of student suicides increased by 79%.
- Proceeds of all books in the series go to the global mental health charity, The Shaw Mind Foundation.
These illustrated pocket books offer advice, practical tips and useful exercises for students to combat mental health issues at university. Written by the award-winning student mental health specialist, Dr Dominique Thompson, this easy-to- read guide will ensure that every student have all the tools you need to combat your mental health worries, and build your resilience, so that you can truly make the most of your time as a student.